Another successful episode of Dana White’s Tuesday Night Contender Series is in the books and this week we welcome two new fighters to the UFC. Geoff Neal and Karl Roberson both earned their way into the UFC with first round KOs. Dana White likes emphatic finishes and these two men got it done with quick powerful strikes.
Much like Week 2 there were still crowd pleasers left on the outside looking in at the end of the night. Both Dan Ige and Kyle Stewart looked to have done enough to earn a contract. Both Ige and Stewart came in as underdogs, Ige completely dominated his opponent until securing a submission in round 3. Stewart weathered an early storm of Jason Jackson and came back to secure a victory by TKO in round 2. Alas, their performances were overshadowed by the two quick KOs.
There is hope for the guys who did not earn a contract tonight however. White stated, “There’s some guys that I’m not going to pick right now that I like a lot. All they need to do is keep fighting and building their records and we will pick them up.”
Full results are listed below:
- Karl Roberson def. Ryan Spann via knockout (strikes) at :15 of round 1
- Kyle Stewart def. Jason Jackson via TKO (leg injury) at :21 of round 2
- Geoff Neal def. Chase Waldon via knockout (punches) at 1:56 of round 1
- Alonzo Menifield def. Daniel Jolly via TKO (doctor’s stoppage – eye injury) at 5:00 of round 1
- Dan Ige def. Luis Gomez via submission (rear-naked choke) at 3:23 of round 3